Thursday, February 23, 2012

A to Z about Me!

I feel the need to stretch my writing muscles- too much reading, little to no writing. I'm also bad at just picking a random thing and going with it (and truthfully, my kids aren't that interesting right now so I can't imagine boring people with the trials and tribulations of 1st and 3rd grade homework gone awry).

So, to re-boot an old internet meme- I present the

A to Z


A. Age: 33

B. Bed size: Queen. It works for us. Neither of us is very large, and it discourages the children from camping in with us.

C. Chore that you hate: The stupid dishes. Why can't we just eat out of the pots and pans? Or eat everything off of tortillas? Those Mayans had the right idea.

D. Dogs: None. Just don't have the time, not that I'm anti-dog.

E. Essential start to your day: A shower without any interruptions- I will not settle arguments, tie shoes or pour you a drink while I'm in the shower. The door has a lock for a reason- yelling through it or sticking your fingers underneath it will not help your cause.

F. Favorite color: Blue

G. Gold or silver: Silver

H. Height: 5' 4"- the average height of an American Woman

I. Instruments that you play: I took years of piano, played the sax in elementary school, but I don't think any of it has stuck around in my brain

J. Job title: Office Manager (fancy way of saying "Doing the shit in the office that no one else wants to do, in order to keep the place running)

K. Kids: Adeline- almost 9, Anaya- 7, Avery- 4.5 (my girls are fantastic, most of the time)

L. Live: Phoenix Metro area

M. Mother's name: Ma

N. Nicknames: KB, Rah

O. Overnight hospital stays: 3 births- all c-sections (one emergency, the other two scheduled, because, if I already had the scar tissue, I sure as hell wasn't pushing a baby out of my vagina by choice)

P. Pet peeves: People opening cabinets and not closing them. How fricking difficult is it to close the damn door???

Q. Quote from a movie: She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen. (Say Anything)

R: Right or left handed: Right

S: Siblings: 2 younger brothers, 1 younger sister

T. Treat you adore: A really cold, strong margarita while sitting poolside. Or my Mom's apple pie

U. Underwear: cotton

V. Vegetable(s) you hate: Peas, cabbage, broccoli

W. What makes you run late: Getting everyone out the door on time is almost impossible. I pad my time by trying to leave 30 minutes before I actually need to do so.

X. X-rays you've had: Arm- fell down the stairs and my elbow swelled up, turns out it was just a bone bruise. Teeth and jaw at the dentist- one of those cool ones that go all the way around your head

Y. Yummy food that you make: I'm a pretty damned good cook. Pork carnitas. Apple pie. Chocolate chip cookies. Quiche. Risotto. I know my way around the kitchen, and I'm not ashamed to say so.

Z. Zoo animal: Otters. The monkeys with the red butts. Hippos. Zoos are awesome. Unless you go with my husband who walks around with you telling you exactly how he'd cook a specific animal and what he thinks it tastes like.

No comments:

Post a Comment