1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before? Didn't have to use after-school daycare!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't do Resolutions, so yeah *Slacker Achievement Unlocked*
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My sister and my sister-in-law, within 2 weeks of each other. My cousin. A few more friends. SO MANY BABIES!!!
4. Did anyone close to you die? Not this year. All of my older relatives are mostly gone already.
5. What countries did you visit? Just the one I live in.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014? More free time
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Nothing specific really stands out.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I asked for a raise that I really deserved and I got it. Oh, and I lost 50 pounds. 50!
9. What was your biggest failure? I spend way too much time on my ass when I should be moving around.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not me. My husband got Shingles though. Go figure. He's 36.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Minecraft. The kids love it.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My oldest is really coming into her own. She's becoming a grown-up.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? There have been some issues in my neighborhood- petty crime, property damage, etc. It's sad.
14. Where did most of your money go? Mortgage, kids, other stuff
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My kids are now old enough to be left home without a sitter! It's AMAZING!
16. What song will always remind you of 2014? "All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Significantly thinner- 50 pounds thinner!
c) richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? More exercise
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Played stupid online games
20. How did you spend Christmas? Extended family was in town from 4 different states. It was the biggest Christmas I've had since I was a kid and 40+ of us would gather at my Grandmother's.
21. Did you fall in love in 2014? Nah.
22. What was your favorite TV program? I really like Scorpio. I watched a lot of Netflix this year, and found out that I like the show Bones when there's no commercials to interrupt things.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nah.
24. What was the best book you read? The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Meghan Trainor
26. What did you want and get? Can't think
27. What did you want and not get? A hand mixer. Mine died around Thanksgiving, and I haven't gotten around to replacing it.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Guardians of the Galaxy was pretty amazing.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 36 this year. We didn't really do anything.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Winning one of those lotteries where you get a set amount of money each week for the rest of your life. I could happily live on $2K a week for the rest of my life and never have to work again.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014? Trying to dress like a grown-up sometimes, and failing 90% of the time. Jeans, t-shirts and sneakers are pretty much my uniform, even at work.
32. What kept you sane? My husband. He can talk me down when I'm at my most out of whack.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Justin Timberlake. He's dreamy.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The war on Women's Rights. Seriously, what happens in my uterus is no business to anyone other than me and my doctor (and maybe my husband)
35. Who did you miss? My hometown friends
36. Who was the best new person you met? A tie between my newest nephews.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014. I CAN achieve things even when they're hard to do. Body acceptance is a powerful thing.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
From Let It Go from Frozen. Yup, Frozen. It's pretty powerful actually.