Thursday, November 15, 2012

88 Questions

So, I totally failed Blog a Day for November. But, I think these questions, so here goes:

1.  Do you usually sleep with your closet door open or closed? Closed. The monster totally would eat me if I left it open.

2.  Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels? No, but I do usually take the little bottles of lotion, even if I hate the smell, because the kids get a kick out of them.

3.  Have you ever ‘done it’ in a hotel room?  Yeah. The husband and I have been together since we were 17 years old. We did the "get a hotel room after prom" thing. We also went to colleges 100 miles from each other, so occasionally we'd get a crappy room around the mid point.

4.  Where is your next vacation? We'll be heading to Massachusetts, as is per usual, at the end of May to drop off the kids for the summer. Our next "grown up trip" we think will be Ohio. So we can do the roller coasters before we're so old that it hurts. I also think Disneyland is on for 2013.

5.  Have you ever stolen a street sign before? No, and I don't understand the allure of doing so.  

6.  Who do you think reads these? Very few people

7.  Do you have a calendar in your room?  No, that's on the pantry door, because otherwise I'd never know where anyone has to be on a given day.

8.  Where are you?  At work, in my fishbowl office. Yes, I have an interior office with three glass walls. The iillusion of privacy that really doesn't exist.

9.  What’s your plan for the day? Get through it, then go to horrible, awful Girl Scout Cookie training

10. Are you reading any books right now? Safe Within by Jean Reynolds Page. It's pretty depressing.

11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk? No

12. Have you ever peed in the woods? Yes, I used to do a lot of underage drinking in the woods.

13. Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing? Absolutely!

14. Do you chew your pens and pencils? Yes. Unfortunately. Not chew, so much as hold with my teeth while I'm thinking.
 
15. What is your “Song of the Week”? Mokiki Does The Sloppy Swish- Mokiki It's the SNL digital short from Saturday, and seriously, it's infectious.

16. Is it okay for guys to wear pink? Yes. Some look better than others. Some guys who wear pink are quite douchy however.

17. Do you still watch cartoons? Not gonna lie, I love Pocoyo
 
18. Whats your favorite love movie?  Love, Actually

19. What do you drink with dinner? Diet Coke or water if I'm eating after 7, which is most of the time. Wine if it's the weekend or at a restaurant.

20. What do you dip Chicken Nuggets in? Chicken nuggets are vile. I don't eat them.

21. What is your favorite food/cuisine? Sushi or New American. I like chefs who are willing to take traditional cuisine and twist it.

22. What movies could you watch over and over and still love? Jaws, Ocean's 11 and Ocean's 13 (don't mention the abomination that was Ocean's 12), Love Actually, The Departed, Center Stage, Bring It On,

23. Last person you hugged/kissed? My husband and kids

24. Were you ever a boy/girl scout? A Girl Scout from 2nd grade through graduation. Now I'm a Brownie Leader (but I hate it, and this is the only year I'm willing to do it)
 
25. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine? If someone was willing to pay me.

26. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper? My grandmother. A few months before she died.

27. Can you change the oil on a car? No. Why would I want to do that?

28. Ever gotten a speeding ticket? Not in a few years.

29. Run out of gas? Never, but came close a few times in my old Grand Am with a broken gauge.

30. Favorite kind of sandwich? Meatball Sub or a Steak, Mushroom and Cheese from Zach's in Weymouth MA.

31. Best thing to eat for breakfast? Cinnamon Raisin bagel with Philly Cream Cheese, toasted
 
32. What is your usual bedtime? 11 PM

33. Are you lazy? Yes. Yes I am.

34. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween? Most frequently a witch. Because it was always cold and rainy, and the costume would be hidden under a winter jacket anyways. So the pointy hat and a fake nose was generally my costume.

35. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? Bon Appetite, Saveur, Martha Stewart, ESPN

36. Which are better, legos or lincoln logs? Legos for sure

37. Are you stubborn? ME??? NEVER.

38. Who is better…Leno or Letterman? Letterman.

39. Ever watch soap operas? Days of Our Lives for YEARS. I haven't really watched that since 2007 when I had my last maternity leave.

40. Afraid of heights? No. 

41. Sing in the car? Yes, always.

42. Dance in the shower? No. The point is to get done as fast as possible.

43. Dance in the car? A bit of seat dancing occurs

44. Ever used a gun? No

45. Do you think musicals are cheesy? I love them.

46. Is Christmas stressful? It can be. But in the past few years we've been trying to cut back our obligations. At this point, we refuse to leave our house on Christmas day. Dinner is served at 3 PM. If anyone wants to see us, they are welcome to come over after 1 PM and stay for dinner.

47. Ever eat a pierogi? Yes. When I can convince my husband to make them.

48. Major annoyance right now? The next door neighbors who I suspect broke the windows of my van

49. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid? A mortician. I wish I was lying, but I had a fascination with funeral homes and wanted to live in one.
50. Do you believe in ghosts? Not really

51. Ever have a deja-vu feeling? Yes. Wait, did you ask me this before?
52. Do you take a vitamin daily? Does Diet Coke have any vitamins in it? Because that's the only thing I take daily.

53. Wear slippers? No, I wear wool socks around the house when it's cold

54. Wear a bath robe? Yes, after my shower, when I'm trying to get the kids out of bed. So my hair doesn't get my clothes all wet and wrinkled.

55. What do you wear to bed? Underwear.

56. Wal-Mart, Target or K-Mart? Target.

57. Nike or Adidas? Asics.

58. Cheetos Or Fritos? Cheetos, maybe. Doritos are the bomb.

59. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds? Neither.

60. Ever hear of, “gorp”? Yes, see above. I was a Girl Scout for  LONG time.

61. Ever taken karate? No, it's a scam.

62. Ever kissed someone of the same sex? No

63. Can you curl your tongue? Yes, and my middle and youngest can too, but the oldest and husband can not.

64. Ever won a spelling bee? I can not spell. Like I had to get an exemption in 10th grade because the teacher based 40% of our grade on a weekly spelling test, and I would have screwed up my GPA with a D in her class. I had to do A LOT of extra credit book reports to make up for the absolute failure at spelling. That's what spell-check is for. And, I'm smart enough that I know what word I need, even if I can't spell it.

65. Ever cried because you were so happy? Sure, I've had three kids, I can be a hormonal wreck.

66. Own any record albums? No

67. Own a record player? No

68. Regularly burn incense? No it gives me migraines. 

69. Ever been in love? Yes

70. Hot tea or cold tea? Only hot. Cold is gross.

71. Tea or coffee? Tea, coffee is gross.

72. Favorite kind of cookie? Toll House chocolate chip, homemade, either by me or my Mom.

73. Can you swim well? Very well, and I made sure my kids learned by the time they were 4 years old.

74. Can you hold your breath w/o manually holding your nose? Yes.

75. Are you patient? No. My way or the highway. It leads to interesting parenting challenges with my child who has the same exact personality as me.

76. Ever won a contest? A few. Every decade or so, I get on a lucky streak. It's already passed for this decade.

77. Ever had plastic surgery? No. I have the type of nose that people get surgery to look like!

78. Which are better black or green olives?  Neither.

79. Can you knit or crochet? Neither

80. Wash room or bathroom? Bathroom.

81. Do you want to get married? Already am. 

82. Who was your High School crush? A boy who was in a ton of my classes. We kissed once. It was kind of awesome. But it never went beyond that kiss.

83. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way? No. I just do what I want anyways.

84. Do you have kids? A passel of them.

85. Do you want kids? No more than I currently have

86. What kind of mom are you? Laid back. I let the kids learn from their mistakes and I try not to fight battles over stupid things like insisting on wearing snow boots in the middle of summer. We have very few rules in the house (don't draw on the walls, use your words not your fists), I don't micromanage, and I let the kids get messy.

87. Do you miss anyone right now? My family. We live about 3000 miles from my Mom, Dad and siblings. My sister is having a baby any day now and I miss that I won't be nearby for that, or Thanksgiving.

88. Who do you want to see right now? My girls from high school that I'm still close with. I'd love to be going to cocktails with them this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I've got to admit, I always get Ocean 12 and 13 mixed up. I think I prefer 12 to 13, though, does that mean we can no longer be friends? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ocean's 12 is the European one, with Catherine Zeta-Jones... I suppose I can deal with it. After all, I'm sure I watch plenty of movies that most people despise (I didn't even go into my love for Deep Blue Sea on this blog. I'm saving that for another day).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freaking loved this. Thus my comments about nuggets and girl scout cookies on facebook.

    ReplyDelete