Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Why I'm Happy Today- February 12th Edition

I weighed myself on Sunday, and since New Years, I'm down 9 lbs. Now, that doesn't seems like a lot, but it's actually the first time that hasn't involved child birth, that I've managed to lose more than 1 or 2 lbs. Not only that, but I put on a pair of size 14 jeans this weekend- first time in a LONG time.

What I'm Doing Right- eating more vegetables, eating less carbs. Going for walks or jogs 2-3 times a week- averaging 16 minute miles. Drinking lots of water. Bringing lunch from home to the office helps too. No drive through foods.

What I Need to Improve- I still crave carbs, especially in the mornings. Oatmeal is better than a bagel, but not much. I need to eat more protein in the morning, because in the long run, it's more filling. I need to be more active. 3 miles 2 or 3 times a week is great, but it should be more like 3 miles 4-5 times a week. I'd like to get my mile time down to 10 minutes by the end of April.

1 comment: