Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Things I Want to Do in 2013

These are not resolutions. I don't like resolutions. Let's consider these goals.

1. Eat better. Track calories - Sparkpeople has a fantastic, easy to use app for all smartphones. I already have it on my phone. I just need to USE IT DAILY.

2. Stop spending money on stupid things. The kids have enough crap, they don't need a $10 toy just because we went to Target because we were bored. They also have enough clothes to clothe a small European nation, and don't need any more shirts no matter how much they complain. I also do not need any more black t-shirts, even if I do wear them every single day.

3. Dress like a grown-up. Even though "stupid spending" has just been banned (see above), I need to actually have a grown-up wardrobe. A pair of dark wash jeans and a black t-shirt are not "business casual." Even with a black sweater over the mess, it's still not "business casual." Invest in shoes that I'll actually wear that aren't sneakers or flip-flops. The faux Tom's from Target can be cute, but are they grown-up?

4. Menu planning. This helps out 1 and 2 above. In that it makes me eat better, makes me pack lunches ahead of time, and saves money in the long run, since I won't be going to Fresh & Easy on my way home and grabbing pre-packaged dinner options.

5. Learn a new cooking skill. I'm a decent cook. This year, I want to learn how to pickle vegetables. I fricking love pickled carrots, pickled cauliflower, pickled beets, etc. If I could figure out how to do this, think of the healthy snacking options I'd have on hand!

6. Get more active. Walk/run at least three times a week. Consider joining a gym, even though have a phobia of the machines, want to do water aerobics. Maybe the Y has them? Look into it.


1 comment:

  1. I pickled garlic and green beans a couple years ago. They were fantastic! The garlic was hard because we couldn't find peeled garlic and had to manually peel like 25 lbs of garlic.
    I think you have a good list of attainable goals going here.

    ReplyDelete