I'm jumping on the bandwagon with this one. Why not right?
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Went to LA. I think that's about it. It was part of the California leg of my husband's Great Baseball Quest. Tried beets- I'd never had them before. While I like them, I don't like making them. I pickled some carrots. I bought an iPhone.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I'm not really into the whole New Year's Resolutions things, so no and yes or simply N/A?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister-in-law (married to my youngest brother) had a baby boy! The first on our side, after five girls between my sister and I.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandmother. She was old, and it was her time. A peaceful passing. She'll be missed. My husband's grandmother died this year as well. But I wasn't close to her, having met twice in the 18 years I've been with my husband.
5. What countries did you visit?
Does Guadalupe, AZ count as part of Mexico? Otherwise, nowhere other than the USA.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Oh gods, I have no idea. It was a pretty low key year. No super highs and no super lows. For a couple of weeks in April, it seemed like we'd be transferred to Texas, but that didn't happen. Maybe my brother's wedding in May.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I'm down 11 pounds since Thanksgiving week. Go me!
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't know. Like I said, it wasn't a bad year. DH & I got into it pretty bad in February because he was being an asshole for a protracted period of time. Maybe we weren't the nicest to each other for the first quarter of the year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing huge. The regular aches and pains of being in my mid 30's.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
We used our tax return to buy a brand new set of Caphalon pans and a few LeCreusets. They're AWESOME.
12. Where did most of your money go?
13. What did you get really excited about?
The same things I always get excited about- no kids during the summer. New books by Terry Prachett and Julia Quinn. The first box of Thin Mints of the year.
14. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Blurred Lines, Royals
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier.
– thinner or fatter? Thinner
– richer or poorer? Richer
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating crap from the drive-through
18. How did you spend Christmas?
At our house. I refuse to leave the house on Christmas. We were up by 7. Did presents, skyped with my parents, made cinnamon rolls from a tube. Cooked a turkey. Had over some relatives and neighbors to eat dinner with us.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
My shameful secret- I love TV. The Office ending was so sad and happy at the same time. Now I need to find something else that I love as much as I loved this show.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Eleanor & Park
Where'd You Go, Bernadette?
Mr Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
I loved the summer music. Blurred Lines was awesome to car dance to. Discovering the magic of Lorde. It was also the year of Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Frozen. It's really going to be a Disney classic. It was SO GOOD.
Fast & Furious 6
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned the big 3-5 in August. The husband and I went out to dinner at some point, I think.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don't know that I have an answer. It was a good year. It would be hard to improve on it.
25. What kept you sane?
For better or worse, my husband
27. Share a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
I have a pretty damn good life, so I shouldn't take it for granted. My husband puts up with a lot of crap and is a much better person than I am all around.
28. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
From Thrift Shop- "This is fucking awesome."